LAST UPDATE AS OF 24 MAY 2018
Torox is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Torox may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 may 2018.
Torox does not acquire or collect any personal information about you. Your name, address and phone number all remain your private property. Torox does, however, collect information that is specific to how you use the Internet. This non-personally identifying information can include and is not limited to, the advertisements you engaged with, the server you are logged onto, User Agent, mobile device ID, the geographic location of the ISP you use and your IP address. This information is obtained solely for the purpose of targeting ads and measuring a given ad's effectiveness on behalf of Torox’s advertisers.
There are instances where a user may provide specific personal information in response to an ad containing a survey, registration questionnaire or the like. For such programs, Torox (or a third party working in conjunction with Torox and the advertiser) acquires this information on behalf of the advertiser. Torox may aggregate this information in a compiled format without identifying users specifically. This provides the advertiser precise profiles of the types of individuals that respond to the ads.
In addition, Torox hereunder may from time to time provide the information described above to third-party providers, solely for purposes of analyzing user behavior and without reference to any personally identifiable information.
Torox collects this information via our technology and it may be stored for up to 10 years for the purpose of analyzing campaign results, ensuring that our technology is functioning properly, and preventing fraud across our sites. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our website or our member sites. We may, however, obtain non-personally identifiable information about you and combine it with data that we have collected to better target ads that match your interests. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that use if you desire.
Although we believe that cookies help enhance your experience on the Web (by not repeatedly serving the same ads to you and delivering more relevant messages to you), neither Torox nor its third party ad serving party needs cookies to deliver ads to you. If you do not want the benefits of cookies, there is a simple procedure that allows you to deny or accept this feature. In order to "opt out" of the benefits of cookies, you may manually delete your cookies by following the instructions contained in the Help section of your browser.
We use the information we collect through the Torox, where and as permitted by applicable law, to:
- Display interest-based advertising customized to individuals’ inferred interests, preferences and locations, and to analyze the effectiveness of the ads.
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently;
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on Torox;
- We use the information we have to support our services through activities such as infrastructure monitoring and internal maintenance, analyzing how our services are used, research and development, and billing. We may also use the information we have to maintain, protect, improve and develop our and our related companies’ services.
- We use this information to provide filtering options for Publishers to manage ads appearing in their Partner Apps, and to provide targeting options for Advertisers.
- We use the information we have to measure and understand the effectiveness of ads served across browsers and devices. This includes measuring interactions with advertisements and advertisers’ websites, apps, and stores by analyzing information such as clicks or other interactions with ads, visits to websites or apps linked to from ads.
- Protection of you, ourselves, and others – We may use the information to detect, prevent, investigate and address fraud and other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Support and Inquiry – We may use the information provided to respond to inquiries and to provide customer and user support.
Torox is committed to protecting the privacy of it’s users. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information as outlined above.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information to our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (HTTPS). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Although we use reasonable security to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalves. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
Information from our advertisers or publishers - the advertisers and publishers using our services may provide us with information they have separately collected about you (for example, whether you already have the app that is being advertised), so that we can improve the relevance of the ads we serve on their behalf (for example, by not showing you an ad for an app because you already have it).
If you register as a Publisher, you can update, correct, or delete your user information and email subscription preferences by going to the log in section of the Torox and consistent with the other policies and agreements governing your use of the Torox Site. Publisher registration information is accessible online only through the use of a password. To protect the confidentiality of your personal information as a Publisher, we recommend that you keep your password confidential.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), effective May 25, 2018 in the EEA countries and Switzerland, requires Torox, publishers and advertisers using our services to provide data subjects with information about the processing of personal data. (“Personal data”, as used in the GDPR, means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, including name, address, cookie identifiers, mobile device identifiers, and more; “data subject” here means the person involved; and “processing” of data includes collection, storage, and use.). This section provides representations and information in compliance with our GDPR obligations, for the benefit of our users located in the EEA countries.
- You provided your consent. To store and access information on your device, we rely on your consent. For this “cookie consent” (which applies not only to “cookies” but also to mobile ad identifiers), to fulfill our obligations under the ePrivacy Directive, we rely on mobile app developers and oblige them contractually to pass on only legally obtained data. We may choose to obtain consent in other cases as well, in which case we will adhere to applicable laws relating to consent and its withdrawal.
- The processing is in our legitimate interest. In some cases, we use legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal data to provide our and our commercial partners’ services. A legitimate interest we rely on, for instance, is the tailoring of offers and opportunities to obtain in-game rewards to users of mobile applications and services, which is beneficial to users and offers them a value exchange and goes beyond the original collection of mobile ad identifiers and also includes providing analysis of and reporting about ad campaigns. We also rely on legitimate interest when we use personal data to maintain the security of our services, including fraud detection and identifying and fixing bugs.
- Contractual Relationships. Sometimes, we process personal data as necessary under a contractual relationship we have, such as our customer records and contact information).
- Legal Obligations. Finally, some processing of data may be necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
As a general matter, we retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide our services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
If you are a Torox advertiser or publisher, we retain your information as long as your account is active and for as long as necessary for legal or operational purposes, such as auditing, corporate record-keeping, compliance, or accounting, after its closure.
As a data subject covered by the GDPR, you have certain rights about the personal data that data controllers hold about you, including the right of access, right to request correction, right to be forgotten (i.e., deletion), and right to object to processing (including profiling for online ad targeting).
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Emails and other information submitted for support purposes will only be used for support purposes; depending on the circumstances, this may require us to share your information with the advertiser and publisher whose advertisement and app are involved.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.